Want to vote ‘Absentee’ but not sure how?
Voting in any year can pose a challenge, but this year presents special concerns for the health and safety of many of our members. Anyone may vote absentee due to COVID 19, and we’re here to help. For those of you who need or want to vote by absentee ballot this November, just follow these steps from state and county officials to get the voting process started – all from the safety and comfort of your home.
1) First, you need to request a ballot by filling out an application form. You can do this in several ways:
· Download and print the application form from home, using this link:
**This is for Pulaski County voters. If you live in another county, please go to www.sos.arkansas.gov (see “Elections”) to locate the address of your county clerk. OR
· Call or email your County Clerk’s office and ask them to mail, fax, or email the application to you. Here’s the info for Pulaski County:
Phone number for Pulaski County Clerk: 340-8500
Email for Pulaski County Clerk: email@example.com OR
· If you do not have computer access OR know of someone who doesn’t and may need this information, church members are available to help. Contact: Sarah James: 607-4091 (after 5pm); Julie Holt: (after 5pm); or Kyle Linson: 991-690-7415 (2-4pm).
2) Once you have the application form, go to these websites to see how to fill out the form and how it should look when it’s completed! Other information about the ballot application and ballot itself is also provided on these sites. www.pulaskiclerk.com ; www.sos.arkansas.gov; www.vipvoter.org
TIPS: Check the box for “I will be unavoidably absent from my polling site on election day”
Check the box where you reside: (in county where you are registered or in another county)
Check the box that you are requesting: “General Election/Nonpartisan Runoff & General Election
Check the box for how you want to receive the ballot – by Mail (provide your address) or by designee
Complete the information at the bottom of the form as requested.
Still have questions? Contact Sarah, Julie or Kyle!
3) Send your ballot application back to your county clerk, by mail: Pulaski County Clerk, P.O. Box 2659 Little Rock, AR 72203 or email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*** REQUEST YOUR BALLOT NOW! The sooner you request it, the sooner you will receive it. Don’t wait until last minute so as to avoid delays. You should receive your ballot packet in the mail by the end of September or early October, depending on when the application is received.
4) Once you get your ballot packet, pay very close attention to the instructions for completing and returning it. *You can always call or email the Pulaski County Clerk’s Office to check on the status of your application and ballot or to ask questions! (340-8300)
Whether you vote at the polls or absentee – YOUR VOICE MATTERS!
Leave a Comment